- How can I practice for the TOEFL?
If you are using one of my books, go through the model tests and the explanations carefully. If you do not have one of my books, click here to visit the Bookstore.
- How can I estimate my score on the TOEFL before I take the official test?
After you have completed one of the model tests in my books, refer to the "Score Estimates" chapter. In Barron's TOEFL iBT, 15th Edition, it is in Chapter 6. There is a procedure for estimating your TOEFL score based on the number of correct answers on a model test in the book.
- Is there a speaking section on the TOEFL?
There is no speaking section on the Institutional TOEFL (ITP). There is a speaking section on the Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT).
- Where can I find the topics for the writing section of the TOEFL?
Visit www.toefl.org for a list of previous writing topics.
- Why doesn't the CD-ROM for your book play on my computer?
There are two types of CDs that are packaged with my books. An MP3 audio CD plays the listening comprehension audio for the activities and model tests in the book. A CD-ROM plays the audio and shows the visuals on a computer. If your disc does not display the visuals on the computer, look at the book cover. Did you purchase the package with audio CDs or the package with the computer CD-ROM ?
- Where can I purchase the CD-ROM that supplements your book?
Visit www.barronseduc.com and click on Test Preparation. Then click on TOEFL/TOEIC. Click on the CD-ROM option to purchase it. If you have problems completing your purchase, click on Contact on the Barron's site, or just let me know, and I will help you.
- Where can I take a TOEFL preparation course?
There are many good TOEFL preparation courses. I will be listing some of them on my web site soon.
- How do I register for the TOEFL?
Visit www.toefl.org to register.
- What are the dates and locations for the TOEFL administration in my location?
Visit www.toefl.org for a list of dates and locations near you.
- Where can I get a Bulletin of Information for the TOEFL?
Visit www.toefl.org to download a Bulletin of Information.
- Which college or university should I attend after I have completed the TOEFL?
Which college or university to attend is a very personal decision, and only you can know where you will be happy. In order to decide, you should find out as much information about the school or program as you can. Use reference books like Barron's Profiles of American Colleges, which you will find at many libraries. Visit the web sites of different schools to compare them.